Nanophotonics is one of crucial technologies for realizing sustainability of our life and the earth in the 21st century. The Research Institute of Nanophotonics (RINPS), a Non Profit Organization, is founded in order to make nanophotonics correctly, publicly recognized, and successfully and appropriately utilized in our peaceful society. The mission of RINPS includes promoting the cutting-edge basic research for nanophotonics, providing the initial technological seeds to the corporate companies for their practical industrialization, and human resource development of researchers and developers of the corporate associates in the area of nanophotonics.
News & Topics
- 2009.12.10-11 : "Nanophotonics Special Lecture: intermediate course" and "Nanophotonics Forum" was held [LINK (Japanese page)].
- 2009.11.12-13 : "Nanophotonics Special Lecture: primary course" was held [LINK (Japanese page)].
- 2009.09.18-19 : The 2nd Meeting of the JST-DFG Strategic Japanese-German Cooperative Program was held.
- 2009.07.01-02 : "Finland-Japan Workshop on Nanophotonics and Related Technologies" at VTT Micronova, Espoo was held.
- 2009.06.29-30 : "Sweden-Japan Workshop on Nanophotonics and Related Technologies" at ACREO, Kista was held.
- 2009.03.06-07 : International Symposium "Multifunctional Nanoscale Materials for the 21st Century" was held at Argonne National Laboratory, Chicago.
- 2012.07.09 : The Nikkei Weekly, "Progress made developing silicon-based lasers"
- 2012.05.12 : The Nikkei Weekly, "Nanophotonics Research Center captures light, sees revolutions"
- 2009.11.05 : Nature Photonics: News and Views, "View from... JSAP autumn meeting: Spotlight on Japanese science"
- 2009.05.07 : Nature Photonics: News and Views, "Materials: Ultraviolet-emitting gallium nitride fractals"
- 2009.01.20 : Laser Focus World: E-Newsletter, "NANOPHOTONICS: Near-field polishing yields ultraflat silica surface"